BEFORE THE EVENT: TICKETS
- Do I need a ticket to attend the All Staff Picnic?
No, the All Staff Picnic is open to all staff. However, you do need a ticket to pick up a lunch box and a frozen dessert (see ticket eligibility requirements in answer directly below to question #2).
If you don’t have a ticket and still want to enjoy the festivities, please bring your BruinCard along with your own lunch and enter through the “non-ticket” entrance. Even without a ticket, you can still enjoy watermelon, lemonade, a bag of kettle popcorn (one per person), and various fun activities.
- Who is eligible to pick up tickets?
All non-academic career and contract staff (represented and non-represented) with 50%+ appointment at UCLA and have a valid BruinCard are eligible to pick up ticket.
- Are tickets limited?
Yes, please pick up your tickets early because they will likely run out.
- Where do I pick up my All Staff Picnic ticket?
Complimentary tickets for the picnic lunch are available at various campus locations a few weeks prior to the event date. This year, tickets are available from Monday, July 24, through Friday, August 4, at any one of the following distribution locations (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.). Please select the location closest to where you work:
- Central Ticket Office, James West Alumni Center
- Covel Commons, Front Desk (tickets available 24 hours)
- Registrar’s Office, 1113 Murphy Hall
- Reception Area, North Campus Student Center
- BruinCard Center, 123 Kerckhoff Hall
- Campus Human Resources, Suite 200, Wilshire Center Building
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center Gift Shop (*note: new pickup location)
- Santa Monica – UCLA Medical Center Administration, Suite G140
- Do I need my BruinCard to pick up an All Staff Picnic ticket?
Yes, to obtain a ticket, you must present your own valid BruinCard at one of the distribution locations.
- May I pick up tickets for a group of colleagues?
No, to obtain a ticket, you must present your own valid BruinCard at one of the distribution locations. You may only pick up your own complimentary lunch ticket.
DAY OF THE EVENT: VENUE & DIRECTIONS
- When is the 2017 All Staff Picnic?
Thursday, August 10, 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- What transportation options are available for staff?
Two additional buses will run from Wilshire Center to the Faculty Center/Murphy Hall stop beginning at 11:00AM and will then run southbound trips from Dickson Court South to Wilshire Center beginning at 12:30PM with the last trip at 1:30PM. This is in addition to the normal Bruin Bus routes running throughout the day.
- Can you please provide a location map?
UCLA Campus Map: Dickson Plaza
Dickson Plaza is perhaps the most photographed area of campus. Featuring an expansive green lawn, Dickson Plaza is situated between Royce and Haines Halls on the north, Powell Library and the Humanities Building on the south, the Flagpole to the east, and the Janss Steps and the Shapiro Fountain to the west.
- Is there a dress code for the picnic?
Please come as you are and feel free to show your Bruin spirit by wearing your favorite UCLA gear. It will likely be a hot day, so we advise everyone to be in comfortable attire, wear a hat and put on sun block as you feel necessary.
DAY OF THE EVENT: LUNCH
- I have a dietary restriction. What type of food will be provided?
UCLA Catering will be serving boxed lunches to ticket holders. There are two options for the boxed lunch (either a turkey or vegan sandwich) served with fruit, cookies, and chips. There will also be watermelon, lemonade, water, kettle popcorn (one per person), and a frozen dessert available while supplies last. You will need to retain part of your ticket stub to receive a frozen dessert.
- May I pick up lunches at the event for a group of colleagues?
Due to the anticipated number of staff attending the event, you may only pick up your own lunch with your picnic ticket. Also, be sure to retain a piece your ticket stub upon entry into the picnic area, as you can redeem it for a frozen dessert.
DAY OF THE EVENT: RELEASE TIME
- Should my manager provide time away from the office to attend this event?
Supervisors are encouraged to grant staff sufficient release time in addition to their normal lunch period to attend the picnic, provided that the absence would not infringe upon the performance of required job duties.
DAY OF THE EVENT: FUN
- I’d like to share some photos of this event. What is the hashtag for the All Staff Picnic?
Facebook: Like/Follow the UCLA Staff Assembly Page & use #UCLApicnic
Instagram: Follow/Tag @uclasa and use #UCLApicnic
We will be selecting our favorite social media posts from the picnic using #UCLApicnic and shared onto our Facebook page or tagging our Instagram account. Those selected will win some cool prizes from our campus partners!
- What other activities will be available at the All Staff Picnic?
There will be a DJ playing music for us during the picnic and UCLA Recreation staff is going to lead us with a brief dance/Zumba lesson. This year we hope to add other fun activities such as corn hole in front of the UCLA Recreation table and possibly a friendly Water Balloon toss contest for a limited number of participants.
- Can you remind me how to do the 8-Clap?
A Guide to the Eight Clap – Bruin Blog – UCLA.edu